Director General Bureau of Statistics, Govt. of the Punjab took many initiatives for capacity building of students of academia, researchers and employees of BOS.
- Director General Bureau of Statistics and other senior officers deliver lectures on statistics to share knowledge with academia in various well known educational institutes. This is initiative of current Director General Mr. Shamim Rafique. This facility is available free of cost.
- BOS also provides raw data and technical assistance to students of MSc, MPhil and PHD for the completion of their thesis.
- BOS always tries to arrange workshops/seminars in universities. It has opened a new avenue to enhance interaction between government departments and academia. Trainings on DevInfo Punjab were arranged at universities at divisional level.
- UNDP – PRSM Cell, P&D Department has provided latest SPSS software to BOS.
- BOS has done many new surveys in collaboration with following organizations/institutes:
- Prices and Wages Setting behaviors survey of formal and informal sector of industry with State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). Dr. Ali Chohdary, Director Research, SBP has appreciated and admired the technical input given by BOS
- McRAM (Multi-Cluster Rapid Assessment Mechanism) in flood affected areas of Punjab with UNICEF and OCHA, Islamabad
- Nutrition Survey with UNICEF in flood affected areas of Punjab
- Survey on Education with Lahore School of Economics (LSE), Lahore
- “How elderly people live” survey with University of Gujrat (UOG)
- Provided Technical assistance to Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) for preparation of Survey listing in Bahawalpur, Multan and DG Khan Divisions
These surveys improved coodination and turned out to be a mutual learning experience for all departments.